CostMedicare may cover the cost of your bone density test if you are a woman over 65 and you qualify.
Medicare will definitely cover the cost of p-DEXA or central DEXA scans for:
- estrogen-deficient women at clinical risk for osteoporosis;
- individuals with vertebral abnormalities;
- individuals receiving long-term glucocorticoid (steroid) therapy;
- individuals with primary hyperparathyroidism; and
- individuals being monitored to assess the response of osteoporosis therapies approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).