Short-Term Clinical & International Students/Scholars
The University of Alabama at Birmingham requires the following testing for short-term clinical and international students. Students enrolled in clinical activities for three months or less and international students present at UAB for less than three months will be considered short-term. These students must be screened to rule out active tuberculosis.
- The purpose of screening these short-term students is to rule out active TB disease.
- The screening requirements were formulated in conjunction with the Jefferson County Dept. of Health recommendations.
- Students/Scholars complete abd submit the active TB Disease Questionnaire prior to arrival on campus.
- Students/Scholars schedule a visit with a Student Health Service provider upon arrival to campus.
- Students/Scholars will have a CXR performed at this initial SHS evaluation.
- Students/Scholars with a positive CXR or positive TB questionnaire will require immediate referral to the Jefferson County Dept. of Health for evaluation (sputum, etc).
- Students/Scholars with a normal physical exam, negative CXR and TB questionnaire are cleared regarding the TB requirements.
Please submit the TB Disease Questionnaire to Student Health Services:
- Fax: 205-996-7468
- Mailing Address: UAB Student Health Services, 930 20th Street S., Suite 221, Birmingham, AL 35294-2042
- Physical Address: Family and Community Medicine Building, Suite 221
For questions, call 205-975-7751.