Students and advisors access the GPS in different ways. Click on the appropriate tab below to view details about accessing the GPS.
Students access the GPS through BlazerNET.
1. Log in to BlazerNET.
2. You will first see your Message Center. After reading any important messages for you, click the "Enter BlazerNET" button near the bottom of the page.
3. You will then land on your Student Profile page. On the right side of the page, click the green "GPS" icon.
4. Your GPS will open in a new window. (If you do not see your GPS, be sure that you have disabled any pop-up blockers.)
Advisors will access the GPS through the BlazerNET CRM. (Currently only advisors in the School of Engineering have access to GPS.)
1. Follow this link to log in to the BlazerNET CRM.
2. Enter a BlazerID or Banner ID for a student, or click "Student Search" to search by name.
3. On the "Student View," click the "GPS" tab to open the degree audit for that student.
4. The GPS will open in a new window. (If you do not see your GPS, be sure that you have disabled any pop-up blockers.)
A student's GPS consists of a series of sections, which are called "blocks." These blocks are programmed to check the degree requirements for each school. The blocks contain an easy-to-use color code:
- A green box indicates that a requirement has been completed.
- A blue box indicates that a requirement is in the process of being completed. Most often this means that a student is currently enrolled in a course that will satisfy the requirement.
- A red box indicates that a requirement still needs to be completed.
- A yellow box indicates that a student should talk with an advisor about that requirement. Students will rarely see a yellow box, as it is reserved for particularly complex situations that require a conversation with an advisor.