What separates the student from the prospective student? It’s not just the word “prospective”—it’s classes. To attend classes during any academic term, you have a few things to do before you can start.
Admitted Student Checklist
1. Register for classes
Log on to BlazerNET using your BlazerID and strong password, and click Registration.
- Transient, Temporary, and Post-baccalaureate students register during Open Registration. View the Academic Calendar for dates.
- Transient students who wish to register for a course that has a pre-requisite may obtain a pre-requisite override by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 205-934-8228.
2. Obtain your parking pass
- Go to the UAB Parking & Transportation website.
- On the left hand side, click on Visiting Campus, then Student, then Apply for Parking, then Purchase Permits.
Note: New students should allow 2 business days after registration to purchase a permit.
3. Get your UAB ONE Card
Your ONE Card acts as your official ID and free pass to UAB athletic events, recreational facilities, intramural sports, and libraries. Get your UAB ONE Card at One Stop Student Services located in the Residence Life Center of Blazer Hall, 920 16th Street South.
4. Purchase your textbooks
- Click on Textbooks at the top of the page
- Select your Term, Department, Course, and Section then click Add Course
- Add all your courses, then choose View Textbook List to find out the textbook required for the classes.
5. Submit immunization formsUAB students must satisfy immunization requirements in order to be medically cleared for enrollment. Medical clearance requirements vary by school and student type.
All UAB students utilize a web-based medical clearance process provided by CertifiedBackground.com, a secure, confidential web-based company that is HIPPA/FERPA compliant. Students will be emailed instructions explaining how to create an account with CertifiedBackground.com and submit immunization documentation online.
More details about immunizations are available at uab.edu/studentimmunizations.