Application! Oh, this is so exciting—it makes everything feel a lot more real, doesn’t it?
To apply to UAB, you’ll need to submit all of these things:
- a completed UAB application and the $30 application fee (nonrefundable)
- a letter of good standing if you have attended another college or university within the last year
Mail all documents and credentials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-4600
To get your answer early, submit your application early. Deadlines for priority consideration:
|If you're applying for...||have everything in by...|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||March 15|
What kind of students is UAB looking for? It’s good that you asked. (See how smart you are?) We’re looking for people who get involved and stay involved. We like people who look for a little extra challenge to keep things interesting. We like people who aren’t like everybody else, because homogeneity can get really boring and variety is the spice of campus. We like smart, creative people who make us look good. We also like people who have a strong high school academic curriculum and an impressive GPA and test scores.
Temporary student requirements
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must submit letter of good standing if you have attended another college or university within the last year
- Ineligible for financial aid or for priority registration.
- Must register during Open Registration.
- If a course is over-enrolled, non-degree students may be dropped in favor of degree-seeking students.
- May not participate in intercollegiate sports.
- Temporary students are limited to applying a maximum of 24 semester hours to a UAB degree program.
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond UAB’s requirements for general admission. For details, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.