Scholarships Available to Veterans
- Tillman Military Scholar
- The Army Scholarship Foundation
- Howlin’ Mad Smith Detachment of the Marine Corps League Sponsored Scholarship
- Vettes-4-Vets Endowed Scholarship
Scholarships Available to Military Children
- Fisher House Foundation
- No Greater Sacrifice
- Thanks USA
- Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Yellow Ribbon ProgramUAB is proud to partner with the Veterans Administration to provide VA Yellow Ribbon benefits to qualified students.
Who is considered a "qualified student"?
- Individuals with 100% entitlement to Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits
- Undergraduate students (e.g., BA, BS)
- Graduate Students
- Child dependent of active duty service member or veteran who has transferred entitlement and who will not otherwise qualify for Alabama residency
- Honorably discharged veterans
Who is not eligible?
- Active duty personnel and their spouses
- Child dependents of individuals with less than 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill entitlement or GI Bill Benefits other than Post 9/11
- Alabama residents
What is covered?
- BEGINNING FALL 2016 UAB WILL OFFER UNLIMITED YELLOW RIBBON BENEFITS TO BOTH GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- The VA also pays all mandatory fees, a monthly housing allowance & a book stipend
- Students/families must fund all non-mandatory fees, such as room & board and parking.
- Students who wish to be considered for need-based financial aid (grants, work-study, student/parent loans) to help with their share of the cost of attendance should complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible. Federal financial aid guidelines allow need-based aid to be awarded even when VA benefits are in place.
What must I submit to be eligible for VA Yellow Ribbon benefits?
- For child dependents who do not otherwise qualify for Alabama residency: Either proof of transfer of entitlement and a copy of VA Application 22-1990E OR student's "Certificate of Eligibility."
- Veterans eligible to receive the POST 9/11 GI Bill
- Please submit your certificate of eligibility (COE) to VETERAN RECRUITMENT AND STUDENT SERVICES, HILL 313
Apply for POST 9/11 Yellow Ribbon Program