UAB has implemented a number of projects to help save energy, money, and resources. Below are a sampling of some of the savings:
- In 2012-2013, UAB Recycled 382,340 pounds of corrugated cardboard, 593,560 pounds of sorted office paper, 7,660 pounds of aluminum, and 23,510 pounds of plastic.
- By utilizing EnergyCAP to better coordinate building data, UAB Energy Management has spotted and recovered over $1.7 million in utility billing errors
- Upgrading boilers with more efficient controls has resulted in savings of over $150,000 annually.
- Utlizing LED lamps in exit signs has resulted in savings of over $56,000 per year.
- More than 3,525 incandescent light bulbs have been replaced with compact fluorescent light bulbs, resulting in savings of over $60,000 annually.