- Residual ACT is an alternative ACT test to prospective students seeking undergraduate admission ONLY to UAB and have missed the national ACT test date.
- Examinees must wait a minimum of sixty days between administrations of the Residual ACT examination.
- Residual ACT may not be used to determine NCAA eligibility.
- Calculators are permitted on the math portion of the Residual ACT. Information on acceptable calculators can be found at www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/calculator.html
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing
ACT Study Resources
Upcoming Test Dates
Test Day Information
Cost & Registration
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (Hill University Center, 1400 University Boulevard, Room 470) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Parking is available in the following locations:
- Weekdays: 9th Avenue Parking Deck (1602 9th Avenue South; Birmingham, AL 35233). Enter the bottom level of the deck from 16th St. S. You will be required to pull a ticket to enter the deck and payment will be made at the “pay-in-lane” machine upon exiting the deck (Parking Rate: 0-1 hour $2.00; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $6.00 per day, per exit).
- Saturdays: University Boulevard Office Building (UBOB) Parking Deck (1212 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35223).
- Because tests may run longer than 90 minutes, we encourage you to avoid using metered parking. Metered parking is available on 14th and 15th Streets and University Boulevard, surrounding the Hill University Center. Meters have a maximum time limit of one and a half hours (Rate per half-hour is $.25. Handicap meters have a maximum time of two hours at the same rate).