The Office for Undergraduate Research lists research opportunities for both UAB and other institutions across the nation.
For UAB Research Opportunities, please visit the list of Faculty Mentors. These faculty often serve as mentors to undergraduates. You can browse or search this list based on your research interest and contact faculty if they have open positions. Also visit Dragontrail from Career and Professional Devleopment Services. The link below will provide an up-to-date list of research jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
You can also register for Undergraduate Research Courses. All of these courses have a strong research component associated with them.
In addition, you should talk with faculty you have courses with and fellow students. Plus, every departmental website has faculty listings that describe the faculty's work and provides their contact information. These are all good sources for finding research experiences. A few of the more helpful resources that list faculty and their research interest are found at the following sites:
- UAB Media Relations Expert Guide - A large searchable list of UAB researchers which can be sorted by name or Area of Expertise.
- School of Medicine (SOM) Mentors - a searchable list of UAB researchers in the School of Medicine program.
- Graduate Biomedical Sciences (GBS) Themes - List of interdisciplinary thematic programs in the Biomedical Sciences
- Cellular and Molecular Biology Theme - a list of over 150 faculty from the Cellular and Molecular Biology Theme.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Theme- a list of different faculty in the Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Theme.
- Research Faculty and Research Projects in the UAB Chemistry Department - a list of Chemistry faculty and their research projects.
- Research Opportunities in Psychology (Psychology Majors only) - a list of research opportunities with Psychology faculty.
- Summer in Biomedical Sciences (SIBS) - UAB Summer Research Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Experimental and Computational Materials Research - UAB NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Physics
- Ethnoarchaeology in Fiji - UAB NSF REU in Anthropology
- Using Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Mathematics to Study Crime - UAB NSF REU in Justice Sciences
- Minority Health & Health Disparities Research Center: Summer Enrichment Program - UAB Research Training Program for Minorities in Health Careers
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) - Summer Research Experiences at Universities all over the country
You can find Summer Research Opportunities all over the nation by using the search engine found at the Institute for Broadening Participation website.