Digital Strategy & Marketing sets the digital strategies, solutions and guidelines for UAB’s digital presence, including institutional marketing initiatives, brand management, social media and digital storytelling for promoting the UAB brand. Our Google-certified adwords team provides digital marketing solutions for program specific marketing. The unit also includes UAB Digital Media, UAB’s preferred in-house creative agency endorsed by President Watts and Provost Lucas. Digital Media provides a wide range of services that include website development, SEO and content strategy, videos, animation, workshops and training, event filming and livestreaming.
UAB Digital Media
UAB Digital Media is UAB’s in-house, fee-for-service advertising agency. We build content that aligns your communications with UAB-wide initiatives, an effort that will reduce costs for your unit as well as make the UAB story grow stronger with our vast audiences. Through the Media Fellows program, we aim to give students the best opportunities to develop their talents, build a professional portfolio, and work in a supportive and team-based environment.
- Promotional or educational video
- Digital Marketing (AdWords & Social Media)
- Design & Animation
- Social Media Consulting
- Audio/Video Services
Brand Management & Strategy
Our name and reputation are known across the globe, and three letters — UAB — carry the weight of the institution with them wherever they go. A shared brand unifies, simplifies and defines us.
- Brand Guidelines
- Approved UAB Logos for Departments & Units
- Trademarks & Licensing
University-Wide Social Media & Strategy
We engage the UAB community and beyond through a variety of social media platforms and seek to empower your units to tell your story via social.
- Management of University Social Media Accounts
- UAB Snapchat Initiative
- Facebook BAM support
- Social Media Resources
- Support for Crisis Communications
University-Wide Marketing Initiatives
We're here to tell the UAB story, share knowledge on our campus, and empower communicators across campus to strategically impact enrollment.
- Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing Support
- Workshops & Training
- Rosie O'Beirne, Director, Digital Strategy and Marketing
- Anna Franks, Creative Director
- Ron Gamble, Senior Art Director
- Shibli Rahman, Motion Designer
- DJ Dittenhoefer, Production Manager
- Brodie Foster, Workflow Coordinator
- Carey Cauthen, Web Designer
- Erin Tapp, Marketing Manager
- Heather Stephens, Digital Strategist
- Steven Till, Digital Marketing Analyst
- Evan Thrailkill, Digital Marketing Manager
- Chris Humphries, Resource Manager
- Matt Drummond, Audio Visual Specialist
- Duncan McCrary, Lab Assistant
- Martin Elston, Lab Assistant
- Brian Moon, Instructional Designer