Student Organization FundingEach fall and spring semester, the USGA allocated money to Registered Student Organizations for programs and events that will occur the subsequent semester.
For example, organizations apply for spring semester funding during the previous fall.
To become a Registered Student Organizations, apply online through UAB's Student Organization Portal, BSYNC, at www.uab.edu/bsync.
Timeline: Budget Requests for Spring 2014
* Budget Module on BSYNC Opens - October 7 - 21, 2013 (see instructions below)
* Budget Hearings - October 22 & 23, 2013
* Budget Proposal Finalized - October 25, 2013
* Budget Proposal for Spring 2014 will be presented at the November 5, 2013, Senate meeting for the first reading.
* Budget Proposal for Spring 2014 is schedule to be voted on in USGA Senate meeting on ,
pending Senate approval.
* Final Budgets sent out - Week after of , pending approval by the Senate at the above
The period for Budget Requests for Spring 2014 is now closed. Information for Budget Requests for Fall 2014 will be posted in January 2014.
Please Note: Organizations who are allocated money must submit receipts after the event and be reimbursed. Funds are not given to the organization directly.
Forms and Instructions
Instructions on How to Submit a Budget Request
* Use these step-by step instructions to prepare and submit your organization's budget request.
Reimbursement Instructions & Form
* After your event, submit your request for reimbursement. UAB requires all documents to be hard copy, so this cannot be submitted online at this time. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure all required and proper documents are attached.
Request to Transfer Allocation Form
* If you've been allocated funds, but would now like to use your allocation for another program or event, submit this form to request a change in your organization's allocation. Please be sure to receive an approved request before using funds for the new program or event.
W-9 Form - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
* Every Registered Student Organization must have a Tax ID (also known as the Employer Identification Number, EIN) generated from the IRS. At the time of the Budget Request, Organizations should submit a W-9 Form identifying the Tax ID number for the organization. If your organization does not have a Tax ID number, it may be requested and received online by following these instructions http://uab.