Thank you for your interest in the USGA Travel Grant Program. The purpose of this program is to assist all eligible undergraduate students with expenses incurred while traveling with student groups and organizations affiliated with UAB. Travel Grant funding is on a reimbursement basis. You receive your reimbursement after you return form your travel. Below are the guidelines to receiving travel funds and the application process.
Travel Grant Application
- Travel Grant Applications must be submitted three weeks before travel
- The student must be a undergraduate student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham at the time of application and the time of travel
- Transportation, lodging, and registration fees are the only expenses which may be considered for payment or reimbursement
- The Travel Grant Program will reimburse students for up to 50% of out of pocket expenses to a maximum of $300 (or $500 for travel out of country)
- Application — can be typed, scanned, emailed, or turned in to Rec 190
- Letter of endorsement from advisor (and from Dean for out of country travel)
- Completed W-9 form (international students must submit a W-8 form)
- Copy of Conference materials — must have conference name and schedule at a glance
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with the Travel Grants Coordinator
- Within two weeks of return from travel, student must submit all eligible receipts. Receipts can be returned to Rec 190 in an envelope with your name on it, scanned, or emailed.
- The reimbursement process can take several weeks. Please be patient with the Travel Grants Program while we process your reimbursement. You will receive and email when your check is ready.
Application Packet — All application materials are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to the Office of Student Involvement, Campus Rec Center 190.
For more information, contact the Travel Grants Coordinator, Nicholas Burt, at email@example.com.