Phi Alpha Theta and the UAB Department of History cordially invite you to the 2014 launch of the Vulcan Historical Review! Our special guest speaker is Dr. Harriet Amos Doss.
The Vulcan Historical Review is published annually by the Chi Omicron Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. All history students at UAB, including recent alumni, are encouraged to submit articles, reviews, essays, oral histories, or other works of historical interest to be considered for publication.
Volume 18 includes articles on:
* a conversation with Eric Foner (interviewed by Brian Steele)
* the American Civil War and human rights
* British and European political dissidence from the Middle Ages to the 20th century
* religious and political entanglements
* cultural identities along the periphery
The issue also includes book reviews, film reviews of "300: Rise of an Empire," and letters from the review's editors.
The launch is sponsored by Dr. Suzanne E. Austin, Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success. Light refreshments will be served.
Please contact the History Department with any questions: (205) 934-5634
Read more about the Review here: http://www.uab.edu/cas/history/academic-programs/vulcan-historical-review