UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 Awards
The UAB National Alumni Society is pleased to announce the UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 Class of 2014. This award program is designed to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of the top 25 UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses. The honorees will be celebrated at a luncheon to be held on Friday, March 7, 2014 at the UAB National Alumni Society House. Click here for a complete listing of the Class of 2014.
Class of 2014
Mark K. Addison, M.D., M.P.H. - Cullman Medical & Pediatric Associates, P.C.
Robin L. Bailey - The Legacy Connection
Tammy L. Baker - Jackson Lewis P.C.
R. Steven Boggan - BioHorizons, Inc.
Cary Bynum - blr | further
Cheri W. Cunningham, D.M.D. - Cheri W. Cunningham, D.M.D. Family Dentistry
William O. Fitzpatrick, III, M.D. - Anesthesia Services of Birmingham, P.C.
W. Craig Fravert - Fravert Services, Inc.
John Gardner - Integrative Logic, A division of Luckie & Company
D. Bruce Irwin, M.D. - American Family Care
Jan Marie Jacks - Dreamcakes Bakery, Inc.
Lisa Kianoff, CPA.CITP, CGMA - Kianoff & Associates, Inc.
Ronald J. Kleinman, P.T. - Professional Therapy Associates, Inc.
James W. Marbourg, O.D. - Eye Health Partners of Alabama, Inc.
Joseph V. Meadow, IV - TJC Mortgage
Jim Meads, P.E. & Joe Meads, P.E. - Sain Associates, Inc.
Sam S. Miller - Burton Advertising
Stephen L. Moore, CPA - Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg, Moore, P.C.
Jennifer Morrissey-Patton, D.M.D. - Hoover Family Dentistry
Duellyn Z. Pandis, RN, BSN - Passport Health of Tampa Bay
James O. Rodgers, FIMC, MBA - J.O. Rodgers and Associates, Management Consultants
Gary W. Savage - BL Harbert International, LLC
Brett S. Sheedy, MBA, CPA, JD, LLM - Partners Tax & Accounting, LLC
Carl H. Spear, O.D., FAAO & Katie Gilbert Spear, O.D., M.P.H. - Sight & Sun Eyeworks
LeRoy W. Tilt - PG Calc
Celebrating the Successes of UAB Alumni
To be considered for the award all of the honorees and their companies had to meet three criteria:
1) Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 36 months prior to December 31, 2013.
2) Business must have verifiable revenues of at least $150,000 for the most recent 12-month period.
3) Business must be owned or operated by a UAB graduate who meets one of the following:
- A UAB graduate or group of UAB graduates must have owned 50% or more of the company during the eligible period, OR
- A UAB graduate must have served as the company’s chief executive (for example, chairman, CEO, president, or managing partner) during the eligible period OR
- A UAB graduate must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team during the eligible period.
2013 Event Photo Gallery