The UAB National Alumni Society is honored to congratulate the UAB Excellence in Business Top 25 Class of 2015. This award program is designed to identify, recognize, and celebrate the success of the top 25 UAB alumni-owned or UAB alumni-operated businesses.
The class of 2015 was honored at the National Alumni Society House during a special recognition ceremony on Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
The National Alumni Society also recognized the top three fastest growing companies among the honorees during the event. They were determined based on cumulative growth percentages of revenue over the three most recent reporting periods.
The 2015 fastest growing UAB businesses were:
- GSM Development • Gwendolyn Goosby Mizell • President and CEO
- Action Environmental • John B.D. Milledge, J.D., PG • Founder and VP of Corporate Operations
- Dynamic Civil Solutions • Bolaji Kukoyi, Ph.D. • Owner and President
Class of 2015
Mark Bowling - MedTrust, Inc.
J. Wesley Calhoun - Shoe Corp
Richard Cashio - Servis1st Bank
Chris Donohoo - DonohooAuto, LLC
Gretchen Napier Geagan - Life-Links Geriatric Care Management
Idie Hastings - Hot and Hot Fish Club
Cynthia Eades Huss - Coastal Vascular & Interventional , PLLC
Elisabeth Hyde, PE, LEED AP - Hyde Engineering
John Charles Kearney - Kearney Machinery & Supply, Inc.
Santhosh Keshavan - Regions Financial Corporation
Gregory A. King - IBERIABANK
Bolaji Kukoyi, Ph.D. - Dynamic Civil Solutions
Eric Meyer - Cahaba Brewing Company
Marc Michelson, M.D. - Michelson Laser Vision, Inc. and
Alabama Eye & Cataract Center, P.C.
John B.D. Milledge, J.D., PG - Action Environmental
Gwendolyn Goosby Mizell - GSM Development, LLC
Mazi Rasulnia, Ph.D. - M Consulting/PACK Health
Eric Robinson - Natchez Community Hospital/Natchez Regional Medical Center
Amy Smith - Amy Smith State Farm Insurance
Parvez K. Sultan, M.D. - Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons, P.C.
Bobby Underwood, D.M.D. - Dreamland Bar-B-Que
Deborah Wesley, MSN - Children's of Alabama
David W. Whitehurst - Champion Cleaners
Robert J. Zasa - ASD Management
Created with flickr slideshow.
Celebrating the Successes of UAB Alumni
To be considered for the award all of the honorees and their companies had to meet three criteria:
- Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 36 months prior to December 31, 2014.
- Business must have verifiable revenues of at least $150,000 for the most recent 12-month period.
- Business must be owned or operated by a UAB graduate who meets one of the following:
- A UAB graduate or group of UAB graduates must have owned 50% or more of the company during the eligible period, OR
- A UAB graduate must have served as the company’s chief executive (for example, chairman, CEO, president, or managing partner) during the eligible period, OR
- A UAB graduate must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team during the eligible period.
For questions regarding the awards program, please contact Greg Berry at email@example.com or 205.934.3555.
Thank you to our sponsors: