- Fall semester - August 1
- Spring semester - December 1
- Summer semester- May 1
*International applicants should apply at least 6 months in advance of the deadline in order to ensure processing of all Visa paperwork.
- Application form including 2 evaluation forms/letters of reference.
- Current resume detailing work experience.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly by the Registrar or responsible head of the institution to the UAB Graduate School, 1720 2nd Ave. S., LHL G03, Birmingham, AL 35294-0013.
- GMAT score* sent directly from the testing agency. (it is recommended that you repeat the GMAT if score is below 480).
GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants with the following:
- Terminal degrees.
- Master degrees from regionally accredited institutions can substitute related standardized test score for GMAT requirement.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated professional work experience-
Professional experience is determined on a case-by-case basis using a resume, and any requested supporting documents. Our admissions committee evaluates an individual's accomplishments, roles, and responsibilities to determine the total number of years of professional experience. UAB considers the individual's managerial responsibilities, role in setting direction & strategy, and his/her role in allocating resources. Normally, professional experience begins at the point of graduation; however, we may consider prior work experience based on type of experience. Students who wish to petition for a GMAT waiver based on professional work experience may submit a resume and unofficial transcript to Christy Manning in MBA Admissions prior to applying.
Additional Document Requirements for International Applicants Only
- Baccalaureate Degree - Applicants must be holders of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Quantitative Requirement - Applicants are expected to have completed a pre-calculus class with a grade of "C" or better within the last five years. If an applicant does not meet this requirement, they may be admitted with the contingency of satisfying the requirement during their first term of enrollment.