Information systems (IS) majors from the UAB School of Business Department of Management, Information Systems and Quantitative Methods are the recipients of new Hewlett Packard (HP) laptop computers valued at $1,000. The machines were donated to the IS program by HP and Regions Financial Corporation. The 10 student awardees qualified for the computers based on academic performance and financial need. Officials with HP and Regions as well as UAB faculty members attended an Aug. 27 ceremony when the students were presented with their new laptops. The student awardees are sophomores Stephanie Baxter, Robert Garret, Irvin Stewart; juniors Jayne Ivy, Arthur Ndaba, Ritika Pareek; seniors Nereyda Garcia, Kendall Gregory, Jeremy Jacobs, and Crystal Martin.
- UAB Researcher Publishes Paper on OSS Innovation in Business
- Collat Student and Professor Selected as 2014 UAB President's Diversity Award Winners
- UAB AIS Student Chapter Selected as Finalist for National Competition
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association