Alumni were greeted by MBA Alumni Association chapter president Rahul Thandani and then heard a presentation entitled “A Skeptic’s Approach to Negotiation,” from School of Business Assistant Professor Stephen A. Yoder, J.D.
Associate Dean Eric Jack, Ph.D. updated attendees on some metrics from the School of Business, including plans for faculty hiring and student enrollment. He noted the school is in the process of adding nearly 20 new faculty members in 2010 and 2011.
Innovation Depot chief operating officer Devon Laney also welcomed the alumni, and noted that the Innovation Depot had just completed an economic impact study showing that the new business incubator, located just north of the UAB campus, has had an economic impact of over $1 billion in the community in just the last four years. UAB and the Innovation Depot have a close affiliation that includes School of Business Dean David Klock, Ph.D. serving on the Innovation Depot governing body, and Innovation Depot CEO Susan Matlock serving on Dean Klock’s Advisory Council.
- UAB Researcher Publishes Paper on OSS Innovation in Business
- Collat Student and Professor Selected as 2014 UAB President's Diversity Award Winners
- UAB AIS Student Chapter Selected as Finalist for National Competition
- Collat Receives Large Gift for Healthcare Leadership
- Collat Professors Honored By Accounting Association