“Great business schools have the support of the community that they serve, and being named the Collat School of Business is an example of our relationship with the community,” says Dean Eric Jack. “We are so very grateful to the Collat family for the transformative gift, and are now asking you to be part of something big and help us succeed because we’re helping others succeed.”
Regions Financial Corporation Chairman, President and CEO Grayson Hall discussed his company’s strategy with students in the combined undergraduate capstone and MBA class, “Strategic Leadership Through the Eyes of the C-Suite,” on October 21, 2014. This was Mr. Hall’s third visit since becoming CEO in 2011.
James McManus, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Energen Corporation, recently gave students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” an up-close look at a “pure play” strategy.
Edward K. Aldag, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of Medical Properties Trust, Inc., recently demonstrated the importance of being passionate about your career, to students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite.”
Protective Life CEO Johnny Johns told students in the combined MBA and undergraduate capstone class “Strategic leadership through the eyes of the C-Suite” on September 30, 2014 that a successful strategy should create value not only for a company’s shareholders but also for its customers and for society.
Lead Gift of $1 Million from Medical Properties Trust to Support New Building for UAB’s Collat School of Business
Medical Properties Trust, Inc. has donated $1 million to the University of Alabama at Birmingham to serve as a lead gift in funding a new state-of-the-art building for the Collat School of Business and the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Charles Collat Tells Strategy Students to ‘Do Good and Be Better’
- Service Learning Courses Offer Real Life Experience
- Employers on Campus to Learn Keys to Recruiting Top Talent
- UAB’s Collat School of Business Partners with High School Students to Make Birmingham Better
- UAB Collat School of Business Students Gain Competitive Edge with Internships
- Collat School of Business to Help CPAs Earn CPE Credit This Summer
- Students Use Teamwork to Promote QEP
- UAB Online Business Programs Ranked Nationally
- UAB Collat Student Awarded National Accounting Scholarship
- Collat School of Business Sets Impressive Example