Advice for International Students
One of the best things about UAB is its amazing diversity of its students — we are one of the top most diverse campuses in the United States. We want you to have every opportunity to succeed in your course work and college life. Here are some easy tips for you to follow:
Are you an international student interested in attending UAB? Explore the INTO UAB initiative.
- Visit the UAB International Student and Scholar Services website. They have all sorts of forms, guides, and helpful links to make your life easier.
- Don’t be shy. Let your instructors know that English is your second language.
- Meet regularly with your professors. They are experts and can help!
- Visit the UAB English Language Programs website. They will give you assistance with both oral and written English.
- Visit the UAB Writing Center. They have tutors and instructional workshops.
- Consider Graduate School classes for professional development.
- Make friends with fellow graduate students and work in your campus office.
- Frustrated and out of options? UAB student counselors are there for you.
And remember — you are not alone! There are other international students/non-native English speakers in graduate programs across campus.