The Ballard House Project is an effort to:
- restore the historic house
- preserve its history through archiving materials found there
- record oral histories of many of the unsung heroes of the Civil Rights period and individuals associated with the house
- provide research and internship opportunities for UAB students
- provide a venue for small group meetings and lectures
African American Studies students will serve as interns for the project. More information about the Ballard House Project can be read on the Weld website.