Top Ten Reasons to Attend the UAB School of Education:
1. Classes are taught by world-class faculty who have won awards for excellence in teaching, diversity, and mentorship.
2. A variety of course offerings provide convenient opportunities for students who work and/or have families. (online, blended, weekend, distance, and professional learning communities).
3. Experiences in schools are embedded throughout the curriculum to enable students to practice the knowledge and skills acquired through coursework.
4. Our outstanding Office of Student Services staff is eager to work with individuals and small groups to provide competent and efficient advising to students.
5. Students can apply for a variety of scholarships.
6. Innovative internship programs develop professional relationships between teachers and teacher candidates.
7. Student organizations help teacher candidates to network with each other and the education community.
8. Authentic opportunities to work with children inside and outside the school day occur through projects such as The Red Mountain Writing Project and The Children's Creative Learning Center.
9. Curriculum is inquiry-based and reflects best practice in education.
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
As part of a great research university, our department offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our programs are fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction faculty are internationally and nationally recognized providing expertise in their respective disciplines. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, faculty contribute to the development of dynamic teachers and educational communities in a global society.
We welcome your inquiries into our programs as you seek opportunities to touch the world through the education profession. Go Blazers!
Education Building 100