1. Prospective students are invited to attend a Traditional Master's information session on Thursdays at 4:00 pm in EB 100. Please contact Dr. Spezzini for more information about this session. After having attended this session, please carefully read the Traditional Master's information packet.
2. When you receive your admission letter, you will be given the name and email of your advisor. As soon as possible, contact your advisor and ask for an advising appointment. Try to meet with your advisor each semester, especially when registering for courses. Whenever you need advice about your program, please be sure to contact your advisor.
3. Submit your Application for Degree to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at least 7 months before you intend to graduate. For more information call the Office of Student Services at 934-7530 or visit their website at www.uab.edu/soestudentservices.
4. Submit your application for certification to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at the beginning of the term you intend to graduate. For more information call the Office of Student Services at 934-7530 or visit their website at www.uab.edu/soestudentservices.
5. Comprehensive exam - If you were admitted on an older checklist you will probably be required to take a comprehensive exam during the last term of your program. See your advisor for additional information
6. The best way to look for a teaching job is: UAB Career Services
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
As part of a great research university, our department offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our programs are fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction faculty are internationally and nationally recognized providing expertise in their respective disciplines. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, faculty contribute to the development of dynamic teachers and educational communities in a global society.
We welcome your inquiries into our programs as you seek opportunities to touch the world through the education profession. Go Blazers!
Turning students into teachers and teachers into leaders
Teacher preparation is our specialty. We offer programs for undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking initial teacher certification as well as programs for veteran teachers seeking advanced degrees and certifications. Whether you're an undergraduate student seeking to enter the profession, a career changer in pursuit of a teaching degree, or a practicing teacher interested in furthering your career, the UAB Department of Curriculum and Instruction can help you achieve your goal.