Failure to attend any required meetings will result in a record of unsatisfactory professional dispositions being filed and/or a lowered final student teaching grade. The Education Career Fair is the only meeting for which Alternative Master's Program full-time hired teachers do not need to attend.
Counted as the first day of the student teaching internship. Student teachers will be notified via email and an announcement within the Important Dates section of this website.
- Non-hired student teachers will have a morning orientation.
- Alternative Master's Program full-time hired teachers will have an afternoon orientation.
- Once the Student Teaching Handbook has been read, bring a signed copy of the “Acknowledgement of Student Teaching Handbook” form and “Confidentiality Agreement” to this Orientation meeting!
- The Student Teaching Orientation is only offered on one day during a specified time frame, so it cannot be made up! Attendance is mandatory for all student teachers.
All student teachers are required to attend the internship seminars that take place throughout the internship. Some student teachers will be required to register for the internship seminar course if the course is included in their program checklist. If the seminar course is not included on a program checklist, attendance is still required - failure to attend the seminars will result in a lowered final student teaching grade.
- Student teachers will be notified about the seminars via BlazerNet and an announcement within the Important Dates section of this website.
- All math, science, language arts, social science, foreign languages, art, and music education majors are to attend the secondary internship seminars.
- Held during the spring semester on one specific date on the UAB campus – date, time, and location will provided by the Director of the Office of Clinical Experiences and at the spring Student Teaching Orientation.
- Involves several school districts that conduct mini-interviews on site. Reservations for mini-interviews are on a first come/first served basis and occur once the doors open (early arrival is encouraged).
- Professional attire and a completed resume are required.