Research Resources

Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development (OVPRED)

Leadership for all administrative research units serving the research enterprise at UAB. OVPRED oversees Core Facilities, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, and Institutional Review Board.

Integrated Research Administration Portal (IRAP)

Electronic submission of funding applications and compliance forms for future research initiatives.

Research Data Management

UAB investigators will be required to submit data management plans (DMPs) with grant proposals and insure that copies of publications and the associated data are deposited as required by the granting agency.

Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship

The nexus for UAB innovation, entrepreneurial educational models, applied research, and management of intellectual property.

Funding Sources and Grant Opportunities

Presentations and general information related to effective grant writing.

Office of Postdoctoral Education

UAB is committed to the development and success of outstanding postdoctoral scientists.

Conflict of Interest Review Board (CIRB)

Charged with the ongoing development of policies and procedures related to conflicts of interest in sponsored research, review of disclosures of financial interests submitted by investigators, and the development of conflict of interest management plans.


UAB ONE Card for Blaze Dragon, MascotUAB and UAB Medicine's student, faculty, and staff ID badge is the ONE Card – a multifunctional, highly secure, single photo ID card.

Your ONE Card provides access to buildings or rooms where carded entry is required. It also acts as your library card, Rec Center ID (if you choose to get a membership), declining balance card for meal plans or Blazer Bucks (if you choose to use them), and opens the gate to your assigned parking deck or lot.

Your full name, title, and department appear on your ONE Card, but faculty and staff also have the option to include a preferred name, which is displayed more prominently (in case you want to be called "Dr. X" or simply by your first name or nickname).

New employees should check with their hiring department about when and how they should go about obtaining their ONE Card.

Back to Top