Budget guidelines for the fiscal year 2019-2020 have been released by HR Compensation. Access the compensation guidelines. In order to reward the performance of our faculty and staff, there will be a 2% merit pool for FY 2019-2020.
Tips for Processing Budget Season Documents
- Review assignment information on current active employees using the LDUAB Program Assignment Level Labor Distribution Report (pdf) or the Assignment List (pdf).
- A Salary Schedule Adjustment ACT document must be "COMPLETE" for employees that are receiving minimum range increases. Compensation ranges are available on the UAB Human Resources compensation website.
- Funding Source Change documents must be "COMPLETE" prior to the 29-SEP-2019 (biweekly) or 01-OCT- 2019 (monthly) pay period begin dates.
- The HRUAB ACT Docs Transaction Report details all ACT documents in a "COMPLETE" status as of the run date of the report.
- Below you will find some general information and/or documents that may be helpful in your budget planning. Each school or VP's fiscal officer may also have received some additional and more area-specific information in an emailed document.
- Transfer Type Definitions: Please review these definitions prior to entering transfers in the UAB budgeting system. The transfer type is interpreted as your request on how the actual transfers will be handled during the upcoming fiscal year.
- Utility Projections
- Cost Analysis: Composite Fringe Benefit Rates
- Compensation: Salary Plan & Compensation Guidelines
- Payroll Services: Calendars and Important Dates
- Payroll Services: Biweekly Payroll Schedule
- Central Revenue Reallocation Percentages
- Budget Season ACT Document Effective Dates and Completion Dates