Hotel Room Purchase Order
Contact: Controller's Office, (205) 996-1277
The Hotel Room Purchase Order allows payments to be made directly to local Birmingham-area hotels for room charges and related lodging taxes of UAB guests, who are prospective employees (and their accompanying spouses, where UAB has invited the spouse at UAB's expense), prospective students, & non-compensated volunteers, guest speakers, or independent contractors. This procedure does not apply to individuals who are UAB employees. The hotel room purchase order procedure applies only to the basic room rate (including lodging taxes) and only to local Birmingham-area hotels with which UAB has already negotiated a formal written contract. A current list of these hotels may be accessed below.
If the visitor has any other charges (such as room service, bar bills, restaurant charges, telephone calls, valet service, etc.), the visitor must pay those upon checkout. To the extent that such costs might be legitimately covered by UAB, the visitor may file for reimbursement after the trip through the host department.
The following steps are necessary for a requesting department to initiate a Hotel Room Purchase Order Requisition:
- Complete and fax into OptiDoc as supporting documentation the Hotel PO Guest Form.
- Enter a purchase order requisition in Oracle per the information below:
- Indicate the Oracle Account number(s) and object code to be charged.
- Indicate the designation of the pre-approved local hotel selected from the official list. A current list of these hotels may be accessed below.
- Indicate the number of nights stay and the expected arrival and departure dates.
- Indicate the rate per night to be paid by UAB (total rate including all applicable taxes) as quoted by the hotel.
- Indicate whether the rate is for a single or double occupancy room.
- Indicate the full name of the traveler.
- Indicate the relationship of the traveler to UAB and the purpose of the visit.
- Indicate whether the traveler's spouse has been invited to accompany them at UAB's expense.
- Submit the Hotel Room Purchase Order Requisition.
It is still permissible to have the visitor pay the hotel bill in full and then apply to UAB for reimbursement after the trip.
Prices shown do not include tax and are subject to change on weekends and for special events.
|Vendor Number||Hotel Name||Hotel Address||Hotel Reservations||Contact Name & Email|
|465255||Aloft Birmingham (Starwood)||1903 29th Ave S Homewood AL||205-874-8055||Rachel Stallings|
|623214||Courtyard Homewood (Marriott)||500 Shades Creek Parkway Homewood AL||205-879-0400||Adrienne Whitehurst|
|334013||Courtyard UAB (Marriott)||1820 5th Ave S Birmingham AL||205-254-0004||Philippa Stricklin & Karen Steiger|
|662505||Homewood Suites Downtown UAB||1016 20th St S Birmingham AL||205-703-9920||Hina Patel|
|634398||Homewood Suites-Hoover (Hilton)||121 Riverchase Parkway East Hoover AL||205-637-2900||Pat Attaway|
|579636||Redmont Hotel (Hilton)||2101 5th Ave N Birmingham AL||205-427-9910||Callie Melton|
|117000||Residence Inn Homewood (Marriott)||50 State Farm Parkway Homewood AL||205-943-0044||Adrienne Whitehurst|
|468301||Residence Inn UAB (Marriott)||821 20th St S Birmingham AL||205-731-9595||Kimberly Clark|
|147508||Sheraton Birmingham (Starwood)||2101 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd N Birmingham AL||205-324-5000||Clancy Dupepe & Barbara Cicio|
|458020||Spring Hill Suites (Marriott)||2024 4th Ave South Birmingham AL||205-322-8600||Brigitte Johnson|
|108690||The Embassy Suites (Hilton)||2300 Woodcrest Place Birmingham AL||205-879-7400||Stephanie Mason|
|661546||The Grand Bohemian Hotel||2655 Lane Park Road Birmingham AL||205-414-0505||Amy Haley & Quinton Hardy|
|583352||The Westin Birmingham (Starwood)||2221 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N Birmingham AL||205-307-3600||Clancy Dupepe & Barbara Cicio|
|150995||Towne Place Suites (Marriott)||500 Wildwood Circle Birmingham AL||205-943-0114||Karen Rickerson|
|47512||Wynfrey Hotel (Hyatt Regency)||1000 Riverchase Galleria Birmingham AL||205-705-1234||Bronjalin Sparks|
|815870||Valley Hotel||2727 18th Street S||205-907-5214 or https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?&ctyhocn=BHMRMQQ&srpCodes=J2||Bill Dowling|