Domestic and International Travel
The following list includes allowable reimbursements and or processing of costs associated with the cancellation of travel due to the updated policies from the UA system.
- Costs paid by an employee for UAB business travel and meeting registrations including cancellation fees
- The portions of these costs not refunded from vendor (airline, hotel, conference) are allowable to be reimbursed by the employee’s department via the applicable travel requests with a statement indicating the travel was cancelled due to the updated travel policies and restrictions.
- Costs paid via P-Card related to UAB business travel and meeting registrations, including cancellation fees not booked via Rezdesk
- These should be processed as normal with the required supporting documentation and a statement that the travel was canceled due to the updated travel policies and restrictions.
- Travel arrangements booked via Rezdesk for UAB business travel
- To cancel travel arranged via Adtrav/RezDesk the traveler/arranger will need to contact Adtrav at (205) 444-1133. If the airline does not issue a full refund then the traveler will have a traveler credit available to use within one year of the initial ticketing date for UAB business travel.
Travel Restrictions Present - July 31, 2021
According the UA System's emergency policy, all non-essential domestic and international travel is restricted.
This guidance is not intended to speak to the allowability of charges to sponsored projects. Departments will need to review award documents and sponsor guidelines to determine sponsored project allowability.
Travel Restrictions Beginning August 1, 2021
Beginning August 1, 2021: Restrictions on domestic travel due to COVID-19 will be removed.
International travel restrictions will remain until further notice.
As travel resumes, units are encouraged to be strategic and responsible with expenses. UAB is working on enhanced guidance to manage budgets in a manner that demonstrates accountability and good stewardship, while also maintaining commitment to the professional development of faculty and staff and advancing UAB’s reputation.
Update from Purchasing on RezDesk/ADTRAV Reimbursements
Please review the update from University Purchasing in regards to the cancellation of travel.