Eligibility for a given travel period is determined by date at which travel will be COMPLETED (END DATE of travel on the application).
Students enrolled in the Graduate Biomedical Sciences (GBS) Doctoral Training Program are encouraged to apply for GBS Travel Grants to assist with expenses related to participation in professional conferences. The following are the requirements for eligibility to recieve consideration for travel grant:
- Applicants must be enrolled as a student of the GBS Doctoral Training Program at UAB through the Graduate School and in good academic standing
- Students in the UAB Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) working on the PhD portion of their training (i.e. actively researching in their respective GBS-affiliated laboratory) are eligible to apply
- Each student is eligible to receive a maximum of ONE GBS travel grant while enrolled at UAB. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students not enrolled in the GBS program and non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply for GBS Travel Grants.
*You MUST become a member of the GBSO Engage website to access the application*
1) Log into UAB Engage website (http://www.uab.edu/students/involvement/engage)
2) Verify that you are or become a member of GBSO
3) Complete the “GBS Travel Grant Application-Spring 2019” which can be found in the Forms section of Engage