A Non-Resident Alien Tax Analyst works with UAB department administrators, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Vendor Compliance, and Student Accounting to ensure that the appropriate taxes are withheld from international students, scholars, and visitors receiving scholarships, employment income, and/or honoraria and reimbursements from UAB.

The Tax Analyst evaluates all appointment papers and requisitions to ensure that a tax status determination has been made and entered into UAB’s international tax software. ISSS must sign and forward the documents to the Payroll Department and verify employment authorization and tax status before anyone can receive payment. No payments will be disbursed until the Non-Resident Alien Tax Analyst approves them.