FAQs - Recruitment Services - Help Desk
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU TODAY?
- Create an Account
- Cover Letter Cover letters are recommended but not required. To include a cover letter, you must upload a Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) file at the attachment step of the application. It is not necessary to address a cover letter to a specific person.
- How do I know my application was submitted successfully? An automated email confirming receipt of your application will be sent when an application is successfully submitted. If you do not receive an email notification, please check your spam folder or sign in to your account to review your “my job page” tab. If you are selected for further review, a member of our HR department or the hiring manager will contact you.
- How do I check the status of my application? You may track the progress of your application by signing in and clicking the “My Job Page” tab. You will see the status of your application by the position. You can click the status to review the meaning.
- Identify verification through a Social Security number trace
- A review of local, state, and federal criminal conviction records including an Office Inspector General/General Services Administration (OIG/GSA) check
- Verification of past employment and education history
- Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) (where required)
|Information Received by UAB HR||You have successfully completed the online submission process|
|Under Review||Your application materials are under initial review by UAB Recruitment Services|
|In Progress||Your application materials are continuing to be reviewed|
|Interviewed||You have been scheduled for an interview with UAB Hospital (not used for Campus positions)|
|Does Not Meet Qualifications||Your application materials do not confirm that you meet qualifications for the position|
|Open||The job is open for applicants to apply online or the job is not posted, but not filled|
|On Hold||The job is no longer open for applicants|
|Closed||The job has been filled|
|Canceled||The job will not be filled|
UAB participates in E-Verify.
University Job Opportunities
IMPORTANT NOTICE: UAB is pleased to offer an online application system for all candidates who wish to apply for a job vacancy at the University. If you do not have easy access to a computer from which to apply you may use one of the UAB Recruitment Services computer kiosks provided in the UAB Administration Building, Room 110, 701 20th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama.
Clicking the links below will take you to the job listings and online application.
Jobs are posted for a minimum of 3 days. You may apply for up to 20 jobs within a 30 day period. All jobs posted are open for application.
Due to the large volume of applications UAB receives, we are unable to respond to all questions from all applicants. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for assistance.
Click the appropriate link below to see featured job openings.
Be sure to click "Search openings" on the jobs page to view all available job listings.
If you require additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
UAB is an Affirmative Acton/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Faculty and Staff Survey Continues to Make a Difference
The Faculty and Staff Climate Survey was distributed to university employees in September, 2010. The results of the survey motivated a number of changes and improvements in schools and departments all over campus. Most of the changes have centered around better communication within the schools and departments and opportunities for employee career development and training.
Several changes have been highlighted in previous articles and below are links to those articles.
It is apparent that the climate survey continues to influence positive changes at UAB and progress is being made toward the goal of making UAB a great place to work.
Interested in temporary employment?
Managers interested in requesting a temporary employee, please click here.
After you apply with Temporary Services, we will contact you if we need additional information or would like to schedule an interview for a possible job assignment.
Temporary Services hires temporary employees on a part-time or full-time basis for any hour of the day, including weekends. We provide employee opportunities in the following areas:
- Accounting & Finance Services
- Administrative & Office Support Services
- Environmental Services
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Hospitality & Guest Services
- Patient Care Services
- Medical Billing & Coding Services
- Maintenance & Warehousing Services
- Dental Support Services
- Information Technology (IT) Services
- Laboratory Support Services
- Clinical Research Services
- Scientific Research Services
All applicants who are offered and accept a position with UAB Temporary Services that will be assigned to engagements within UAB Medicine will be tested for nicotine during a regular pre-employment drug screen. Applicants who have cotinine levels above the threshold will have their employment offer rescinded. Those who test positive are welcomed to re-apply after 60 days.