Guidelines and Information for Nominees
The program was established in 1977 for the purpose of recognizing non-academic personnel for their accomplishments to the University. Following are our current procedures:
Employee of the Month
- Any full-time, regular, non-academic employee is eligible except those who are classified as Executive, persons presently serving as EOTM committee members, and those who were selected in the previous twelve months.
- Individuals will be considered for nomination based upon achievements at work, loyalty and dependability, helpfulness to fellow employees, specific acts of courage or initiative, contributions to their community, or other behavior that contributes to the mission of the University in education, research, or delivery of health care services.
2. Nominating Process:
- Any UAB employee or faculty member is eligible to nominate
- Nominations can be sent to the EOTM Committee Chairperson (see EOTM Nomination Form)
- To be considered for this honor, a nominee must receive a minimum of three nominations
3. Selection Process:
- Each nominee will be assigned a nomination number. The original letters are retained by the chairperson and copies sent to committee members
- The EOTM meets once a month to select the recipient for that month by group consensus
- Prior to announcement of the Committee’s selection, clearance is received from UAB HR Department to verify that the selected employee is in good standing.
Employee of the Year
- The employee of the year is chosen in August from the twelve recipients of the employee of the month honor selected between August and July of each calendar year.
- A special presentation/reception is hosted by the UAB President to recognize this outstanding employee each year.