Summer 5 in 5 Challenge
2015 Program Dates:
July 7 - August 4
A 5 week UAB Employee Wellness program that empowers you to know your numbers and get healthier.
Choose a goal from the following for 5 weeks:
(1) Lose 5 pounds.
(2) Lower blood pressure by 5 points.
(3) Engage in 5 designated group exercise classes or individual physical activity.
(4) Track your fruit and vegetable intake.
(5) Tobacco Cessation: Participate in free telephonic and/or online tobacco cessation sessions through 1-800-QUIT-NOW and QuitNowAlabama.com.
On-site group exercise each Tuesday at the following location and times:
||West Pavilion Atrium - Zumba
|July 7||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.|
|July 14||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.|
|July 21||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.|
|July 28||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.|
|August 4||5:15 - 6:15 p.m.|
Instructions for Off Site Participants:
- Engage in group exercise classes or individual physical activity near you
- Track fruit and vegetable intake
- Monitor blood pressure
- Monitor weight progress
- Participate in free telephonic and/or online tobacco cessation counseling sessions through the Alabama State Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW and QuitNowAlabama.com.