The strategic imperatives enhance Carver’s vision for UAB IT.
“My vision for UAB IT is a world-class IT organization that effectively balances cost efficiency, agility and innovation,” he said. “Our relationships with our customers, business partners and vendors are long-term relationships that allow us to move at the speed of trust. This vision does not depend on one person but instead on a dedicated team where everyone is an agent of innovation and aligned to support the University of Alabama at Birmingham.”
The department’s strategic imperatives include:
- Create a secure computing environment for all UAB members through appropriate policy, training and technology.
- Build an IT shared governance structure with particular focus on partnership with the Health System.
- Create a world-class IT organization so that if our customers could choose any provider, they would choose UAB IT.
- Generate business value though reduced costs, process innovation or revenue generation.
- Innovate UAB through partnerships with institutional business owners, with a focus on academic and research operations.
- Foster an institutional data-driven decision-making culture that allows UAB to make informed and optimal decisions.
- Enhance the community of information technology excellence for the economic, social and cultural benefit of Birmingham and beyond.