In addition to the renewal, UAB IT has upgraded the license to include the full suite of MATLAB tools available from the mathworks.
Individual users can upgrade/renew their licenses by using the help menu in the MATLAB client. Clients using the network license will automatically get the upgraded license.
More information about MATLAB can be found here.
UAB has also purchased access to MATLAB Academy self-paced training courses for all users. Currently, this includes:
- MATLAB Onramp (free for all customers)
- MATLAB Fundamentals - 21 hours of content
- MATLAB for Financial Applications - 21 hours
- MATLAB Programming Techniques - 14 hours
- MATLAB for Data Processing and Visualization - 7 hours
- Machine Learning with MATLAB - 14 hours of content on supervised and unsupervised methods for clustering, classification, regression and more
More information on the classes can be found here.
MATLAB is a numerical computing language and is one of the important software offerings from the UAB IT software library with more than 2,000 users at UAB. It is used by a number of research labs from engineering to medicine. MATLAB at UAB is available on the Cheaha high performance computing cluster with support for GPU MATLAB applications and is supported by UAB IT Research Computing.