If you experience any issues with PGP, please report them to the help desk, AskIT, by email at AskIT@uab.edu, or by phone at 205-996-5555. Please be sure to provide the following information:
- Error messages
- Computer make and model
- Internet connection type
- PGP installer version
- Estimated time of occurrence (if possible)
Common Solutions to Installation Issues
- Verify that you are an administrator of the system on which you are attempting to install PGP.
- Open your web browser and ensure that you have Internet connectivity by opening a website.
- Be sure that you have a current installation package for PGP Desktop. Visit www.uab.edu/it/software for the latest installation files.
- Ensure that you are using your BlazerID and strong password for the PGP Enrollment credentials.
Common Solutions to Password Related Issues
- Verify that Caps Lock is not on while authenticating.
- If you recently changed your account password, you may have to provide the old password until you log in to the system with your new password.
- If the previously mentioned steps do not resolve your issue, you should call the AskIT Help Desk to request a PGP recovery token for the system or portable device. A recovery token is a one-time password that will allow you to bypass PGP, but it will not bypass the operating system password; you are still required to log in.
Common Solutions to Boot/Startup Related Issues
- Ensure that a keyboard is connected to the system. Systems such as tablets without physical keyboards will not be able to authenticate on the PGP boot screen.
- Remove any CDs, DVDs or USB drives from the system. Many of these devices have features that allow them to start before the system hard drive.
- Does the system have multiple operating systems or Dell Media Direct? If so, then you will need to contact your support personnel to assist you with the recovery of your hard drive. Please note that PGP should never be installed on systems with multiple operating systems, as it will render the system inoperable.
- See the PGP Recovery documentation for further support.