UAB has a bulk purchase agreement in place with GraphPad that provides their Prism software to UAB faculty/staff at a discounted price.
GraphPad Prism is a commercial scientific 2D graphing and statistics software published by GraphPad Software, Inc., a privately held California corporation. Prism is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Provides statistical guidance for novices.
- Analysis checklists review if an appropriate analysis was performed.
- Nonlinear regression with many options (remove outliers, compare models, compare curves, interpolate standard curves, etc.).
- Live links. When data are edited or replaced, Prism automatically updates the results and graphs.
- Analysis choices can be reviewed, and changed, at any time.
- Automatic error bars. Raw data (replicates) can be entered, and then plotted as mean with SD, SEM or confidence interval.
What is the cost and how do I get started?To get started, request a subscription for each computer on which the software will be installed. Pricing is $60 per license/per computer/per year (originally planned to be $47 but actual orders were less than anticipated so pricing was modified to $60). Each computer requires a separate license. Licenses are assigned/installed by email address, so for users installing GraphPad on multiple systems, your email address will be assigned the ability to install the software for a unique/specific number of times and billed for the number of installations you request.
To request a subscription send an email to AskIT using the link/green box below and indicate