Desktop Web Conferencing
Cisco's WebEx conferencing product allows you to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. You can meet online and share files, information, and expertise. WebEx solutions are meant to increase productivity while keeping you connected.
UAB has negotiated a master agreement with WebEx that allows UAB faculty and staff to subscribe to certain enterprise subscriptions. See the information below for details.
Ready to order?
- Contact the WebEx representative, Ryan J. Brown (615-324-4849) email@example.com or Evan Bearry firstname.lastname@example.org ( 904-996-1307),
- DO NOT order via the WebEx website.
- WebEx will provide you with a quote/order form via an email link.
- Click on the link to open the online agreement.
- Review the order form for accuracy and print the actual agreement for your records. CLICK OFF ON THE ELECTRONIC APPROVAL.
- Attach the printed copy as backup for any submissions to UAB Procurement for payment.
- No agreement needs to be routed for signature.
- Please reference Doc#44199-2 when submitting purchase order.
WebEx is a comprehensive suite of real-teim web collaboration services that enable organizations to increase reach, accelerate business processes and reduce costs. Learn more.
Share ideas online with anyone, anywhere. Learn more.
To better serve our customers and to have the ability to effectively track Telecom work orders, we will no longer be accepting work orders through the email address UABCOMM@uab.edu .
Effective, October 18th, 2013, all Telecom work orders must be submitted through our Telecom work order form located at https://commservices.comm.uab.edu/ServiceRequest/login.aspx
The new voice mail platform was successfully implemented on November 15th, 2012. Archived messages were only available until December 15th, 2012.
Current users of MATLAB are required to UPDATE the current license on their desktop before Feb 1, 2013. To update MATLAB, open MATLAB and do following:
- click on Help and then Licensing and then UPDATE.
- MATLAB will take a couple minutes to connect to the MATLAB License center and download an update license file to the users desktop.
For more information on MATLAB see http://www.uab.edu/it/home/component/k2/item/306-matlab.
UAB Telecommunications is implementing our new voice mail platform on November 15th, 2012.
Your new voice mail box has been created on the new system and we need you to setup your new voice mail box prior to the cutover on November 15th.
Please go to our IT Telecommunications website for complete directions in setting up your new voice mail box.
You will be able to access archived voice mail messages on your old voice mail until December 15th, 2012. To access archived messages dial (6-6001) and follow the prompts.
For any questions or concerns please contact our help desk at Repaircomm@uab.edu, or call our Telecom help desk at 4-7777 with any issues or questions.
*Please note that UAB Health System Cisco VoIP phones will not be affected by the cutover to the new voice mail system.
Click link above to open PDF instructions
Each ethernet device is assigned a unique hardware address by the manufacturer. Manufacturers are each assigned a range of addresses that they may use in their manufacturing, so that it is not possible for two vendors to assign the same address. These hardware addresses are called MAC Addresses.
You can search by MAC number to find out what vendor's hardware you are looking for. An interactive database is available from the IEEE for this purpose. You can also check Cavebear's list of Vendor Codes