What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
ILLiad is the system LHL uses for Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery requests. Interlibrary Loan is used to get articles or books for you that we don't have in our collection. Articles are sent to you electronically, and books are held for you to pick up. Document Delivery is a service used to send you electronic copies of articles from our print collection.
You can go to ILLiad from the LHL homepage (click on Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan in the menu on the left) and submit your request by filling in the information about the item you want. You can also access ILLiad through the UAB Article Linker button found in many of our databases. If you link from a database, the information about the specific item you were looking at is automatically input into the ILLiad request form once you login.
We process your request and if the material can be transmitted electronically (an article, for example), it will be posted under "New Electronically Received Articles" in your account and you'll get an e-mail to let you know it is ready. For books or videos, the e-mail will tell you the item is ready to be picked up.
Most articles are received and delivered to you through ILLiad in 24-72 hours, excluding weekends. You can also request articles through Get It Now. If it is an item held by only a few libraries it may take longer. Books and videos have to be shipped from another library, so those usually take about a week.
See the following handouts for more information on:
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- Can I pay for interlibrary loans or document deliveries online?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- How do I logon to ILLiad (ILL)? What is my username and password?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
- What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
Last modified on September 25, 2014@ 1:08 PM by Cathy