I am a student at another college. Can I check out books from Lister Hill?
Circulation privileges (the ability to check out library materials) are available for the following persons:
- UAB: All members of the UAB community (administration, faculty, staff, students, residents, fellows) with a valid UAB ID
- Non-UAB Professionals: Health professionals (physicians, nurses, medical technologists, dentists, optometrists, etc.) and attorneys or individuals affiliated with law firms in Alabama
- Other Educational Institutions: Students, staff, and faculty with currently valid identification cards from other colleges and universities
- Law Firms: Attorneys, paralegals, and other associates affiliated with law offices
- Individuals: Current members of UAB Alumni Association, Friends of Mervyn Sterne Library or Reynolds Library Associates
- Other individuals or groups: May be granted borrowing privileges based on documented need in the application process
A valid photo ID and/or some other proof of affiliation must be presented at time of registration in order to receive borrowing privileges. Examples of proof of affiliation include but are not limited to official letters, business cards, and tuition statements.
Prior to checking out materials the first time, a valid ID and a completed registration form must be on file. You can print out and return the signed form at the HUB to be sure you are in the library database.
If you have any questions, please contact the HUB at (205) 934-2230 or (205) 975-4821.
Last modified on April 2, 2013@ 1:32 PM