Who can use ILLiad/Document Delivery?
Anyone can use ILLiad to request books and articles from other libraries.
Please note: While we may provide resources and services as needed to users outside of our primary users (UAB community), please be advised that obtaining these benefits can often be less expensive by requesting through either the public library or affiliated school's interlibrary loan department.
For more information about ILLiad, see the following FAQ: What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?. For cost information, see the library fees chart.
- How long will an article be available in ILLiad?
- What does the status of my Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery order mean?
- Can I pay for interlibrary loans or document deliveries online?
- How can I cancel an interlibrary loan request?
- How can I renew a book I got through interlibrary loan?
- What is ILLiad (ILL)? How does it work?
- How much does ILLiad/Document Delivery (ILL) cost?
- How can I find the status of my ILLiad (ILL) request?
- Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad (ILL)? What if I forget my password?
- Why don't I see all my older ILLiad (ILL) requests when I look at my request history?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad (ILL)?
- Why can't I select or search text from an ILL article when you provide it as a PDF?
- How can I check to see whether an article is available before submitting an ILLiad (ILL) request?
- What should I do if the library does not have the book or article I need?
Last modified on December 13, 2013@ 3:09 PM by Randy