Access for Patrons with Disabilities
- One bookdrop is located on the side of the library's entrance near the entrance to Volker Hall.
- An additional bookdrop is located by the curb behind the library on 7th Ave. near the loading dock.
- Books circulate for 4 weeks with two renewals possible.
- Print journals are in closed stacks and do not circulate. Articles from these journals must be requested via ILLiad.
- Remote access to electronic resources is limited by contract to current UAB faculty, staff, and students.
For more information contact Kay Hogan Smith, Senior Research Librarian, or see the FAQs on Health InfoNet.
License agreements restrict remote electronic access to most of the library's purchased resources to current UAB faculty, staff, and students; however, a number of quality free health information resources may also help.
Document Delivery/ Interlibrary Loan
- Request copies of materials owned by Lister Hill Library.
- Request materials not owned by Lister Hill Library.
Interlibrary Loan is used to get articles or books for you that we don't have in our collection. Articles are sent to you electronically, and books are held for you to pick up.
Document Delivery is a service used to send you electronic copies of articles from our print collection. ILLiad is the system used for interlibrary loan and document delivery requests.
NIH Public Access Policy Support
Projectors & Equipment
Location: 1st Floor (HUB) | Phone: (205) 934-2230
Theses & Dissertations
Location: 2nd Floor under call number W4 and in separate non-circulating section.
Location: Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences at 1700 University Boulevard | Phone: (205) 934-1896 or (205) 934-9671