Division of Preventive Medicine
Medical Towers 644
1717 11th Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
Phone: (205) 934-3376
Fax: (205) 934-4262
- Clinical Trials Design, Conduct and Management
- Bayesian Method in Clinical Trial Design and Data Analysis
- Multivariate Analysis and Statistical Modeling
- Statistical Methods in Genome-Wide Association (GWAS) Studies
Current Research Projects
P50CA089019 (Li) 09/30/2000–08/31/2012
SPORE in Breast Cancer- Biostatistics Core
Multi project grant to expand the breast cancer research at the University of Alabama and the Comprehensive Cancer Center with an emphasis on translational research. Dr. Li serves as the Biostatistics Core director.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, PhD Biostatistics, 2003
- University of Alabama at Birmingham. MS Biostatistics, 2000
- Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing, China, MS Biomedicine, 1988
- Nankai University, Tianjin, China, BS Chemistry, 1983
- Member of International Society for Nutrition and Cancer
- Member of American Association for Cancer Research
- Member of American Statistical Association
- Director of the Biostatistics Core for the Breast SPORE
- Member of Breast SPORE Executive Committee
- Review Panel of Breast SPORE Pilot and Career Development Award Program
- Member of UAB Cancer Center Clinical Trial Quality Control Committee
- Member of UAB Cancer Center Clinical Trial Protocol Review Committee
- DSMB Board Member for clinical trial of bone marrow transplant patients with Sickle Cell Disease
- Journal Review Board Member:
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management
- Statistical Reviewer:
- Annals of Surgical Oncology;
- The American Journal of Surgery;
- Mentor for Cervical Cancer Research Capacity building initiative
Selected Recent Publications
- Song W, Ruder A, Hu L, Li Y, Ni R, Shao W, Kaslow RA, Butler MA, and Tang J. Genetic epidemiology of glioblastoma multiforme: Confirmatory and new findings from analyses of human leukocyte antigen alleles and motifs. PLoS One, 2009 Sep 23;4(9):e7157.
- Chen D and Li Y. A Simple Web System with Embedded Statistics. Clinical Trials 2009; 6:525–561 (P57).
- Forero-Torres A, Saleh MN, Galleshaw JA, Jones CF, Shah JJ, Percent IJ, Nabell LM, Carpenter JT, Falkson CI, Krontiras H, Urist MM, Bland KI, De Los Santos JF, Meredith RF, Caterinicchia V, Bernreuter WK, O’Malley JP, Li Y, LoBuglio AF. A pilot trial of pre-operative (neoadjuvant) letrozole in combination with bevacizumab in post-menopausal women with newly diagnosed estrogen and/or progesterone receptor positive breast cancer. Clinical Breast Cancer 2010 Aug 1;10(4):275-80.
- Li Y, Lee CH, and Hameed O. High-dimensional ROC analysis can improve the correlation between histological grade and oncotype-Dx recurrence risk in breast cancer. Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, General Statistical Method Section, 2010.
- Liu H, Li Y, Raisch K. Clotrimazole induces a late G1 cell cycle arrest and sensitizes glioblastoma cells to radiation in vitro. Anti-Cancer Drugs October 2010; 21 (9):841-849.
- Adams, AL, Li Y. Pfeifer JD, Hameed O. Nuclear grade and survival in invasive lobular carcinoma: a case series with long-term follow-up. The Breast Journal. 2010 Jul-Aug;16(4):445-7.
- Amm HM, Zhou T, Steg AD, Kuo H, Li Y, Buchsbaum DJ. Mechanisms of drug sensitization to TRA-8, an agonistic death receptor 5 antibody, involve modulation of the intrinsic apoptotic pathway in human breast cancer cells. Molecular Cancer Research. 2011;9(4):403-417.
- Amm HM, Oliver PG, Lee CH, Li Y, Buchsbaum DJ. Combined modality therapy with TRAIL or agonistic death receptor antibodies. Cancer Biol Ther 2011 Mar 1:11(5):431-49.
- Wei S, Li Y, Siegal GP, Hameed O. Breast carcinomas with isolated bone metastases have different hormone receptor expression profiles than to other sites or multiple organs. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011 Apr;15(2):79-83.
- Song W, Li Y, Wilson CM, Tang J. Identification of three immunologic correlates for HIV type 1 pathogenesis in youth. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 2011 Jun;27(6):639-46.
- Second place in the Trainee Poster Competition, UAB Center for Health Promotion
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Sectional Chair: XIXth Conference of the International Society for Fluoride Research
- Outstanding Research Award for Great Contribution to Science and Technology by Chinese National Committee of Science and Technology
- Outstanding Young Investigator, Chinese Center for Disease Control (Chinese CDC)