The purpose of the HLA is to establish a cohesive and comprehensive program that offers training opportunities and helps develop essential skills for leaders in the 21st century academic health center. In part, this will be accomplished by providing present and future leaders with a broader understanding of the responsibilities as leaders, new perspective on critical leadership and managerial issues they face, and a deeper understanding and awareness of concepts and techniques relevant to management.
- Identify and develop future leaders of the UAB Academic Health Center;
- Enhance and expand participants' leadership abilities and managerial skills;
- Facilitate development of strategic thinking skills that focus on the opportunities and challenges facing academic health centers;
- Understand the history and operations of the health system and the academic health center;
- Allow participants an opportunity to examine their individual aspirations, strengths, weaknesses and personal commitment to leadership and management.
About the Participants
About the Program