WELCOME TO THE UAB SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
We're excited you'll be joining us this fall! This page has a ton of information you need as a recently admitted student. Please read everything carefully, and if you can't find something, or have a question, just ask.
Be sure to join your UASOM Class Facebook Page. Search for "UASOM Class of 2021". If you have trouble finding the page, email Jason Noah or Leah Carpenter.
- Click the Recently Admitted Students Checklist.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is scheduled for July 24-28, 2017
- Students should block off 8am-5pm each day. Don't schedule doctor's appointments, utility hook-up appointments, etc. during this time.
- To see last year's schedule for Orientation 2016 here.
- The 2017 Orientation schedule will be posted here in mid-July.
White Coat Weekend Activities
- Details for this year's White Coat Ceremony is coming. Click here for information on last year's White Coat Weekend 2016
- Contact UAB Parking for all parking-related questions. (MSTP students should see MSTP specific instructions)
- Note: Many students cannot purchase parking available to medical students until after the first day of Orientation.
- Complete information on laptop, phone, and software specs required for medical school, can be found here.
Curriculum and Course Scheduling
- Your MS1 courses will be automatically scheduled for you.
- You can view course descriptions and details in the Course Catalog. Search for "Pre-clinical - 1st Year."