Residency RequirementsRESIDENCY PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- To be eligible to join the UAB/Selma Family Medicine Residency Program:
- Applicant must have passed Step I and Step II in two attempts, (a minimum score is not required).
- Applicant must have graduated from medical school no longer than five years ago.
- Applicant must have a valid ECFMG certificate, (international graduates).
- UAB/Selma Family Medicine Residency Program does sponsor visas (H-1 & J-1). All visa questions should be directed to our Immigration Department at UAB.
- U.S. clinical experience preferred.
We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- No paper applications are accepted, except after match.
- After MATCH, send the following:
- Curriculum Vitae Personal Statement
- USMLE scores Three
- Letters of Recommendation
- Dean’s Letter
- Copy of Medical School diploma
- ECFMG certificate, (international graduates)
UAB/Selma Family Medicine
Kandice Collins - Program Coordinator
1023 Medical Center Parkway, STE 200
Selma, AL 36701