Visual aids add a new dimension to presentations. When used properly, they can help you to more effectively deliver your message by adding impact and interest. But when used incorrectly, they can distract from your presentation and might confuse the students. So, choose and integrate your visual aids carefully.
* Tips for Preparing Visual Aids
* Using Visual Aids
* Some Deadly Sins of Visual Presentation
- Brody, M. Add Pizzazz to Presentations With Multimedia, June 9, 2005; [Article Link]
- Lucas, SE., The Art of Public Speaking, McGraw-Hill, 2001
- U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration, Presenting Effective Presentations with Visual Aids, May 10, 2005
- Vogel, DR., Dickson, GW., and Lehman, JA., Persuasion and the Role of Visual Presentation Support: The UM/3M Study, 1986