UAB Specialties Gain Ground on U.S. News RankingU.S. News & World Report on July 15 released its 2014-2015 Best Hospitals list, and UAB Hospital continues to rank No. 1 in both Alabama and Birmingham.
Looking more deeply, eight specialties at UAB ranked nationally, including five that improved their classification from high-performing in 2013 to nationally ranked in 2014, meaning they placed among the top 50 facilities.
Those specialties and their 2014 ranks are:
- Diabetes & Endocrinology – No. 39 (up from high-performing in 2013)
- Ear, Nose & Throat – No. 46 (up from high-performing in 2013)
- Gynecology – No. 20 (up from high-performing in 2013)
- Neurology & Neurosurgery – No. 30 (up from high-performing in 2013)
- Orthopedics - No. 31 (up from high-performing in 2013)
- Rheumatology – No. 11 (unchanged from 2013)
- Nephrology – No. 26 (up from No. 46 in 2013)
- Urology – No. 28 (up from No. 36 in 2013)
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
Details for all 2014-2015 Best Hospitals ranking can be accessed at health.usnews.com/best-hospitals.