The CHRU is required to generate revenues to support the activities of unit support personnel, to maintain equipment, restock disposable items, and cover the general upkeep of the unit. Thus, charges have been developed for CHRU utilization that are commensurate with charges used with other academic institutions that participate in clinical research networks and execute clinical trials from a variety of extramural sources (NIH, foundation-based, and industry-sponsored). Budgets with sponsors should include these unit utilization fees during the negotiation process.
- CHRU start-up fee: (protocol review, scheduling, and study-specific orientation)
- NIH, foundation-based, and investigator-initiated studies without extramural grant/contract support: no charge
- Industry-sponsored : $1,575 one-time fee
- Space and equipment utilization (no additional services)
- NIH, foundation-based, and investigator-initiated studies without extramural grant/contract support: 0-4 hrs = $25/hr; >4 hrs = $12.50/hr
- Industry-sponsored (visit length). 0-4 hrs = $50/hr; >4 hrs = $25/hr
- Specimen storage
- No charge, but samples may only be stored in the CHRU for up to 3 months. Additional time of storage in the CHRU can be negotiated with the unit on a study by study basis.
- CTSA services
- See CTSA-specific charges
- UAB Outreach Laboratory Services
- COA services
- Per subcontract on case by case basis. Please contact Pam Barlow (CHS Grants Administrator, 638-2452) for related questions.