The Department of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), is an accredited residency training program leading to board eligibility in diagnostic radiology. Our program currently consists of thirty-five residents and requires a preliminary internship year.
(Effective July 1, 2013)
This is comparable with other regional programs, not all of which share our relatively low cost of living.
Fringe benefits include:
- 15 working days paid vacation per year.
- 15 working days illness leave per year.
- Group health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Five working days excused absence during each year of residency for attendance at approved scientific meetings.
- Reimbursement for one trip to an approved meeting at which the resident presents a scientific paper or poster.
- Reimbursement for one additional trip to attend an approved scientific meeting during the 4-year residency at which the resident need not present a paper. Alternatively, this can be applied for tuition to the AFIP course.
- A third trip will be reimbursed if the resident presents an additional scientific paper.
- Up to 4 days of administrative leave in either 3rd or 4th year, if needed, to attend interviews for fellowships or jobs.
- A professional development allowance totaling $2000 over 4 years for AFIP expenses (tuition paid by department), additional expenses at other approved scientific meetings, ABR fees, books, CDs, and computers.
For additional information visit:
UAB Human Resource Management Benefits