Media contact: Alicia Rohan
Vendors from UAB departments and the surrounding community will be on hand to promote their health and wellness-related services. Attendees will have the chance to participate in fitness assessments, vision screenings and asthma screenings to learn more about their health. There will also be opportunities to gather additional information on living a healthy lifestyle. Attendees are encouraged to try the healthy food samples provided to learn about different ways to achieve well-being. The 16th Annual Health and Wellness Fair is open to the public and free of charge.
The fair is made possible by America’s First Federal Credit Union, the UAB Center for Exercise Medicine and Bama Health Foods.
Attendees will have the opportunity to enter into vendor giveaways, where they can win the following:
- University Recreation: 1 free day camp registration; 1 free private swim lesson; 1 free 30-minute massage; camping equipment rental package for 2; 1 free intramural sport registration; 1 free health coaching session; and 1 free nutrition counseling session
- Disability Support Services: T-shirts
- Bama Health Foods: Basket of samples
- Regions Bank: A bicycle
- Healing Waters Wellness Center & Spa: 1 free 30-minute infrared sauna session
- Mountain High Outfitters: A pair of HOKA running shoes⠀
Additional information on the 16th Annual Health and Wellness Fair is available here.